“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”
– Archbishop Desmond Tutu
Our faith tradition calls us to be actively engaged in seeking justice, by advocating on behalf of oppressed people, working toward a healthier, more sustainable world, and striving to build a more just and tolerant society.
We welcome like-minded people to join in our work toward social justice.
Present and Past Projects
- Raised $4,000 for Doctors Without Borders for Haiti earthquake relief
- Repaired, painted, and furnished a reading room for the YWCA
- Participated in the Global Art Project for Peace
- Donated and solicited food for Helena Food Share, and shelved hundreds of pounds of food for distribution
- Cleaned trails for Prickly Pear Land Trust
- Helped construct homes for Habitat for Humanity
- Financially supported and rallied for Montana Human Rights Network, Montana Abolition Coalition, Planned Parenthood, and Montana NARAL
- Testified before Helena School Board in favor of health insurance coverage for domestic partners of school employees.
- Knitted quilts, baby hats, scarves, and shawls for distribution by non-profit agencies serving those in need
- Participate in NAMI Walks to raise money for the National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Collected funds for “Change for Change” for the Central Asia Institute